Protecting Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina Lawns with Pleasant Landscape's Weed Control Services
When you have a beautiful, verdant lawn, the last thing you want to see are traces of crabgrass creeping into your yard. Once weeds have dug their roots into your soil, it can be hard to get them out. Pleasant Landscape's multi-step weed control programs reduce your current weeds and keep the invasive plants out. Our lawn maintenance teams can:
- Apply specially formulated herbicides that target your lawn's weeds but leave the sod and landscaping plants unharmed.
- Schedule pre-emergent weed control applications to curb weeds before they germinate.
- Monitor your lawn for signs of grassy and broadleaf weeds that take root in the greater Charleston, South Carolina, region.
Don't wait until the weeds are already taking over your lawn. The best way to keep your landscaping pristine is with regular, preventative weed control and seasonal treatments.
We Won't Let Weeds Destroy Your Landscaping
Weeds aren't just ugly. They can choke out your carefully selected plants and grass. Weeds propagate rapidly by taking water and nutrients away from other plants in your garden. Broadleaf weeds, like clover and spurge, can also steal sunlight away from the grass under its leaves.
Severe weed infestations can leave your lawn pocketed with brown patches and holes in the grassy coverage if they've been left to grow too long. Our lawn maintenance specialists know how to spot the first signs of local weeds. By controlling the problem early on, we can:
- Stop weeds from expanding into your lawn,
- Protect impacted plants, and
- Treat the soil with preventative herbicides.
Kick Out the Crabgrass
One of the most prevalent weeds is crabgrass, which is a tough and aggressive weed that strikes in the spring. Because it can thrive in even dry, rocky soil, every inch of your lawn is a tempting target for crabgrass. We can help you keep it out of your yard by:
- Applying pre-emergent herbicides. If crabgrass is given a chance to grow, it can spread thousands of seeds across your lawn. We treat your landscaping for it in the early spring so it never gets a chance to disrupt your yard.
- Keeping the grass thick and healthy. Nature abhors a vacuum, and crabgrass loves to grow in the gaps between healthy sections of grass. If your grass stays thick, well-hydrated, and healthy, there aren't seams for the crabgrass to dig into. Our weed control services combined with general lawn maintenance can overpower the weed.
- Carefully timing herbicide and fertilizer treatments. When you want a thick, fast-growing lawn without fast-growing weeds, it can be tricky to balance fertilizing and weed control on your own or through two different services. That's why our lawn maintenance services include both fertilizing services and weed control. We can test your soil, balance the competing treatments, and ensure the weeds don't get fertilized.
Crabgrass is one of the major weed types that homeowners in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, and the surrounding suburbs hate. But they aren't the only weeds in the area.
What Other Weeds Should You Be on the Lookout For?
Because of South Carolina's climate, it's home to several winter and summer weed varieties. While summer weeds may be the first type you think of, clover and poa annua can dig into your landscaping when the grass dies back for the winter.
There are also two major categories of weeds: grassy weeds like dallisgrass and sandbur, and broadleaf weeds, such as asters. These weeds act differently, and they can always appear in different sections of your yard.
How Our Weed Control Services Can Fight Weeds Back
Good weed control is all about timing. When our lawn maintenance teams are fertilizing, mowing, and maintaining your lawn, we can easily incorporate weed control into the routine. An annual plan for your landscaping that incorporates fertilizing, fungicides, and weed control gives your lawn year-round protection. Here's how:
We Can Remove Current Weeds and Root Systems with the Safe Application of Herbicides
Pleasant Landscape's weed control services start by identifying current weed infestations in your landscaping. Once we know your soil's composition and pH levels, we can apply specific herbicides that immediately start getting rid of weeds.
For grassy areas and new sod, we can customize treatments for gentler weed control. If you have Bermuda grass, for example, our teams will apply herbicides in three smaller applications. This schedule is paired with fertilizer treatments that are specific to Bermuda grass. With this expert care, the grass can recover and thrive while the weeds wither away.
Get a Head Start on Spring Weeds with Preventative Weed Maintenance
If you remember seeing weeds last year and you want to get the jump on them, preventative weed maintenance means you don't have to worry. Our pre-emergent weed control applications kill the weeds before they can push back the grass or spread more seeds. When you have an annual lawn maintenance contract, we can apply pre-emergent treatments in the fall and the spring to prepare for the upcoming seasons.
Keep Your Lawn Beautiful with These Additional Landscaping Services from Pleasant Landscapes
There's more to a green, beautiful lawn than good weed control. For reliable service and healthy landscaping all year long, consider our additional lawn maintenance services. They include:
- Lawn edging, trimming, and mowing
- Fertilizing treatments
- Pest control and fungicide
- Leaf removal
- Tree care programs
Pleasant Landscapes is a full-service lawn care company that can help design, install, and maintain your home's landscaping. We take pride in every step of the process so you have a beautiful lawn and backyard oasis.
Don't Let Weeds Invade Your Lawn. Contact Us Today!
At Pleasant Landscapes, we offer a "No-Hassle, No-Excuses, NO-NONSENSE, You'll Love It!" Service Guarantee. That means our weed control services are high-quality and made with your satisfaction in mind. If you are ever dissatisfied with our services, we will make it a priority to return to your property at no charge. Pleasant Landscapes proudly serves the Sullivan’s Island, Daniel Island, Isle of Palms, Charleston and Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina regions, and beyond.
What Are People Saying About Pleasant Landscapes?
Rest easy with landscape services from Pleasant Landscapes. From lawn care, tree care and plantings to seasonal clean-up, your property will always be pristine.