Landscape lights will add beauty, safety and security to any landscape. There are a few tricks in creating a breathtaking design, such as initiating the main design in the dark. Yes, the dark! Focal points change from daylight to night, and with a trained eye, the design will bring the landscape alive, while maintaining safety and adding security.
Surrounding areas of the site should also be considered during the design process. Pleasant Landscapes lighting demonstrations assist the client in determining the successful outcome for their property.
We service Mount Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Charleston, Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Summerville, Sullivans Island, Johns Island, James Island, West Ashley, North Charleston, Moncks Corner, Goose Creek and neighboring cities.
Call us now. 843-886-9314.
A Custom Landscape Lighting Plan
Want to emphasize an outdoor entertaining space or living area with outdoor lighting? How about creating lighting along pathways, steps, or a change in elevation, and along water edges? Eliminating dark corners at entryways or doorways where intruders could lurk is also an important element in the overall design. With the philosophy of 'quality, not quantity' of lights, we create beautiful custom, lighting plans that prove safe and secure for you and your visitors.
Landscape Lighting Design
The view from inside the home; such as living, dining, and entertaining areas are not overlooked at Pleasant Landscapes. This all comes under the subject of landscape lighting design.
Highlighted plants, fountains, and other important areas of your garden can be seen from within the home, while property perimeters can look much more expansive. Water movements will also make the light bounce and reflect, emphasizing the water features that are not normally seen at night without proper lighting.
Call us now. 843-886-9314.
Types of Landscape Lights
Choosing the right lighting fixture is important in creating the right type of light. Here are the most popular landscape lighting effects:
- Background Lighting: A lighting technique that concentrates on dense plantings, a fence or wall.
- Contour Lighting: Low fixtures are used to emphasize landscape forms and structures.
- Cross Lighting: Creates a three-dimensional effect.
- Deck and Step Lighting: Recessed lights are available for flush mounting onto stairs or walls, and hand rails for subtle illumination and safety.
- Down Lighting: Lights are placed in trees or on elevated areas for a broad illumination of the objects below.
- Grazing: Great lighting for areas with a lot of texture, such as hardscapes including cobblestone, brick, stuccos, or even an interesting tree.
- Moon Lighting: Casting light down through tree branches creates a softer light, as if the area is being illuminated by a full moon.
- Mushroom Lights: These lights have a large top that points light down paths and onto shrubs.
- Path Lighting: One of the most popular types of lighting is this low level lighting for walkways or paths. If not used carefully, path lighting can be overdone and resemble an airplane runway.
- Perspective Lighting: This is a great type of lighting to use for a focal point, such as a pathway, a beautiful line of trees, statue or fountain.
- Shadowing: Shadowing is used to cast shadows from an object to a flat upright surface behind it.
- Silhouetting: Shrubs and trees appear to stand out because the background appears to be lit.
- Spotlighting: By aiming a floodlight directly at objects such as plants, surfaces or architectural designs they can become the spotlight.
- Step or Surface Mount Lights: These lights provide accent lighting and are used in areas where safety and security are important.
- Tier Lights: Tier lights are used to define paths, walkways and steps with a soft ring of light.
- Underwater Lights: These light fixtures can be above or below water and enhance the beauty of any pool, fountain, or pond.
- Uplighting: A fixture on the ground faces up to illuminate a tree, statue, or other feature.
- Well Lights: Well lights are disguised by hiding them in the ground.
If you would like a free demo or you have questions, please feel free to contact PLEASANT LANDSCAPES!
Isle of Palms 843-886-9314 ~ Summerville 843-851-8008 ~ John's Island 843-768-6808 ~ Daniel Island 843-216-4796